Copy these sentences, putting in the missing commas. Remember,
a comma helps break up longer sentences into smaller parts to
make more sense.
- A hedgehog is small with a spiny body.
- Bob closed his book glad that the maths lesson was over.
- The car a red car zoomed past them.
- Mum parked in the car park near the bank.
- The taller of the two ladies the one with green hair was the
one who was shouting.
- I would like an ice cream a vanilla one.
- Have you seen Sid my little dog?
- After stopping for a drink the hikers moved off.
Copy the beginnings of these sentences. Write in a good ending
for each one, not forgetting to put in the comma.
- To my surprise ............
- Even though it was snowing .........
- After my tea .............