Fill in the missing word as you copy out these three sentences.
Missing words verb, adjective, noun.
- An --------- is a describing word. It tells us more about
- A ------ is a naming word. It can be the name of a person,
place or thing.
- A ------ is a doing word. Every sentence must have one of
Task Two - Nouns
Choose the correct noun to complete each sentence.
- A (frog/horse) croaks.
- A (lion/cow) moos.
- A (puppy/kitten) is a baby cat.
- A (sheep/bird) flies.
Task Three - Verbs
Choose the correct verb to complete each sentence.
- A snake (slithers/swings).
- Children (climb/swim) in the sea.
- The frog (catches/jumps) flies to eat.
- The dog (meowed/barked) at the postman.
Task Four - Adjectives
Choose the correct adjective to complete each sentence.
- I had a (heavy/hot) drink with my meal.
- The baby was very (heavy/windy).
- The fruit was (far/bitter).
- Last night it was really (white/cold).
Rearrange these sentences so they are correct. Underline all
- wanted Some home aliens new a
- round alien had The big a body
- aliens built rocket The a huge
- green flashed off Its eyes three on and