A prefix goes at the beginning of a word and changes it's meaning.
There are a number of different prefixes.
The prefix un-
This prefix is used to make opposites.
Make these words opposites by adding un-
Using the words you have created in task one, copy and complete
- A person who tells lies is.....
- A classroom that is not neat is .....
- A person that worries a lot is ......
- Someone who is miserable is ......
- Something that is not nice to look at is ......
- A person who doesn't feel well is .....
- To walk under a ladder is considered ......
- Bare wires sticking out from a plug are .....
The prefix dis-
This is usually used to show a reversal in an action or state.
Make new words by adding dis-
Use a dictionary to look up the words you have found in task
three and write down a brief definition in your book.
For example: Dishonour means to treat without honour.