What do adverbs do?
We are revising adverbs this week.
An adverb is a word that describes a verb,
e.g. He twisted madly to avoid the snake's fangs.
Put adverbs into these sentences as you rewrite them in your books:
- The raindrop ran down the window pane.
- The lion paced around his cage.
- The car swerved to aviod the pedestrian.
- The unicorn tossed his gleaming white mane.
- Have you seen that monkey jumping about in the road?
- It rained all day on Tuesday last week.
- Beckham tackled the defender.
- The train to the Millennium Dome was late.
Now make up some of your own.