Write these lists out using commas where appropriate.
1. Jake bought an apple and two bananas and some
sugar and a pineapple.
2. Mary looked in the cupboard. In the cupboard
was some bread and some butter and a bone and a can of dog food.
3. Tony had two marbles and a piece of string
and a stone in his pocket.
4. At the Circus Ryan saw a clown and a lion
and a juggler and a lot of other things.
5. Jane had forgotten the washing powder and
the peanuts and the yoghurts.
6. There were sweets and presents and toys in
7. Lions and tigers and monkeys and penguins
and elephants live at the zoo.
8. Robert got his bat and ball. He put it in
his bag along with his trainers and his shorts and his T-shirt.
9. Susan tidied up the garden. She put the rake
and the spade and the hose in the shed. She put the wheelbarrow
and the bike and the pool in the garage.
10. Joe loved to go to the park with his friends
Tanya and Jason and Fiona and Colin.
Write the lists out again using commas and
fill in the missing words.
1. John bought __ orange and __ lemon and __
2. For dinner Jack had __ sausages and __ beans
and __ chips.
3. At the circus Bob saw __ clowns and __ tiger
and __ lions and __ elephant.
4. Jane had __ hat and coat and gloves on.
5. Peter carefully opened the drawer. He took
__ photo-album and __ photos and __ scrapbook out of it.
6. James went out to play with Jane and Peter
and __ cousin.
7. Tony gave __ book and ___ reading record and
__ pencil to his mum.
8. There was __ rubbish and __ toys and __ books
on Naomis bedroom floor.
9. Lucy bought __ packet of flour and __ butter
and __ milk and __ egg for her mum to make a cake with.
10. Jason won __ picture, __ album and __ book
in the school raffle.