A. Make up a sentence
to describe what is happening in each of the pictures.
B. Use a thesaurus
to find other words for moving around.
More Thesaurus Work
A. Copy out these sentences.
Use your thesaurus to change the underlined word into a more interesting
1. Bob was happy because he didnt have any homework to do.
2. The joke made Samantha
3. Rachel was pleased that she got full marks in her spelling test.
4. Denise was sad because shed lost her doll.
5. Tony was hungry because he hadnt eaten all day.
B. In each question
split the words into two groups where they mean the same thing.
1. Big, small, large,
tiny, huge, massive, minute, teeny-weeny, enormous, large, monstrous,
miniature, gigantic, little, immense, petite, colossal;
2. Tall, short, compact,
squat, giant, stubby, towering, lofty;
3. Fast, slow, speedy,
brisk, dawdling, sluggish, quick, swift, rapid, lumbering;
4. Cry, laugh, weep, snivel,
titter, whimper, chuckle, guffaw, blubber, giggle, sob;