Work in teams of three to fool your opponent at this words and meanings challenge.
- Choose a word which you think looks/ sounds interesting.
- Find the meaning and write it clearly in child-speak - words which you and your friends understand.
- Now try to write two more meanings which you think could also match the word but which you and your friends have made up!!
- Your meanings must sound like it has been found in a real dictionary, it should not be nonsense. May be you could 'accidently' copy the meaning of a different/similar word!
- Write the word clearly on a piece of card with the meaning on the back
- Next to the definition write a large F for false or T for True.
- When you have a collection of the words be ready to challenge your opponents.
TO PLAY THE GAME
Sit on opposite sides of the table/room so your opponent can not see your definitions.
Take it in turns to say the word and explain the meaning, trying hard to convince your opponents that your answer is the only real answer.
Your opponents need to confer to guess the correct definition.
You then reveal the True/ False answers. If you have fooled them you get the points if not they do. Keep a tally and those with the most points win.